Sunday, October 23, 2011

Relaxing Weekend

This weekend was very relaxing and also my fiance's birthday (today) Sunday!  We had his daughter Thursday night through Sunday afternoon.  Saturday morning was spent by me cleaning the house like I do every Saturday.  Mike went and donated plasma and KK played in her room, colored in chalk on the sidewalk in front of our house, played on the computer and helped clean her room for me.  Up until the last two years I was able to sleep in on the weekends till at least 11 or so.  Now, not so much so its nice to get up and get the house all clean in decent time Saturday mornings that way we can enjoy a clean house all weekend. 

After cleaning the house Mike got home and we decided to head to Kohls for some new work jeans for him and a new pair of shoes.  I had received a 30% discount coupon in the mail and so off we went.  We spent only $60 dollars while saving $100.  Not to shabby.  After leaving Kohls we went and bought a few groceries.  Mike decided instead of going out for dinner for his birthday this weekend, we would grill out since it was so beautiful out and it would save us some money.  We grilled steaks and had baked potatoes.  We sat as a family after dinner and watched the movie Rio while KK and I split a bowl of popcorn.  It was a great family evening. 

Sunday (today) is my fiance's birthday.  He is the ripe young age of 41 and definately doesn't act like it.  He is a kid in a man's body lol.  I love him so and he puts a smile on my face every day and makes me laugh.  We decided this year for his birthday that I would not get him anything.  BUT, however I did get him something small.  We love eating at BWW and his favorite sauce is the Mango Habanero...its too hot for me!  So, I bought him a bottle of sauce knowing he would love it....and he did.  Later this morning him and KK carved a big pumpkin.  Apparently this is the first one she has done....ever.  So, needless to say she had fun but didn't know what to think at first.  She is very girly girl so she was hesitant to stick her hands in the pumpkin goo....But she was a trooper and helped dad dig out all the pumpkin guts.  I them took the pumpkin seeds, salted them and baked them in the oven for a snack.  They weren't too bad for my first attempt at making them.

This afternoon was completely lazy.  Mike and KK played some game on FB while watching football and I watched a few episodes of one of our favorite cooking shows, "Chopped" Halloween edition and switched from that and "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"..one of my ultimate top 5 favorite movies ever.  KK will go home to her mom's in a little while and I am not sure what's on the agenda for tonight....oh I forgot, Mike got him and I a movie called Hall Pass so we will watch that and probably call it a night.  By the way, this is day 3 on the CTS 360 and I feel great....no jitters, light headedness or sicky feelings going on.  My appetite has definately decreased this weekend and I have slept good at night from the night pill...except for last night where I was up at 4:30 and ended up on the couch finally falling back asleep till Mike got up at 7:30.  Definately needed a lazy day after not sleeping the best last night!  I am also hoping the scale is good to me this week...I need to start seeing something.  And it will help when I start working out tomorrow....ugh.  I mean YAY!!!  lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment